Sunday, February 9, 2020

“Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” 
– Bethany Hamilton
American Surfer & shark attack survivor 

I got to see great niece Ruby, #39, and her team play 2 games on Saturday.  They play full out and they have fun.  Ruby is an aggressive player and she is not afraid to shoot the ball.  She had 10 points in the first game and 13 in the second game.  It's going to be fun to watch her play over the next many years.  Here are a few of the shots that I took of Ruby on Saturday at Unity.





Ruby & Ella

Here is a fun photo that Aunt Lois sent me, it was taken in March of 2013.
This is the same Ella and Ruby as in the Black & White photo above.
They were in Pre School in this photo.
Now they are 5th graders and playing basketball at different schools.
It will be fun to watch them play through the next several years.




Kaylee & Ruby, pals on and off the court
Ruby is an outgoing girl.  She goes after whatever she wants.  I've seen a couple of 'business case' examples of her methods to present to her parents why she should have a dog, or a phone, etc.  I'm not sure she always follow through with all of the promises made in her business cases, but I am confident that at least some are kept.  She's pretty good now, but I bet she will be an excellent negotiator as she grows up.

Ruby is a hard worker and loves little kiddoes.  
She worked all summer as a helper at a daycare where she learned a lot about responsibilities.  She loves babies and loves to get a babysitting job for new cousin Hans.  Ruby told me that she saved all her summer job money and I think she has some ideas for how she would like to spend some of that money.  She's a planner.

Ruby is the one who always tells me I should stay overnight instead of drive home late a night.  Sometimes I wonder, who is the grown up?

On the basketball court Ruby goes after the steal anytime she can get her hands on the ball.  She causes many turnovers in favor of her team.  She has grown up in the bleachers watching older brothers Jack & Gage and sister Stella play ball, she picked up some tips.  It will be fun to watch her refine her technique.
Go Ruby!
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails