Friday, December 24, 2010

My 57th Christmas Eve

I hope this Christmas Eve finds you in good spirit and good health.  
As I plan for a day with family in Luck, I leave you with my Christmas Ode, 
and a few pictures of my Christmas decorations this year.

Ode to Christmas 2010

Hello again, another year has gone,
Like most others, it was mostly a good one.
My Life (and health) is Good,
Yay! for that, knock on wood.
If you read my blog, this will be nothing new,
But for the others, I’ll be brief and tell a story or two.
Trips to Colorado this year, numbered three,
In those visits there were many friends, which I got to see.
One trip planned just to visit, another planned without much time,
Laila’s emergency surgery prompted a quick flight on a dime.
Her recovery went well; I spent time with her while she rested,
The surgery result a good one, her patience a bit tested.
Back in May for a week, good visit with friendly faces,
Laila and I even spent an afternoon (or 2) at the pony races.
A couple of nights in Laila’s penthouse place,
Was fun and I always like to picture folks in their space.
Dad and Ev back to Wisconsin from their down South travels,
Made for good visits & Dad’s tools in the Barrens to unravel.
The weather in Wisconsin really socked it to us this year,
The worst was a hailstorm in July, much damage around here.
So, summer days were spent enjoying Andy’s company,
As he repaired, replaced and did little jobs by the many.
The hail wiped out the roof, some siding, tomatoes, flowers and such,
Took the many of the leaves too, so this fall, the clean up just wasn’t much.
At the end of the summer we moved all Dad’s equipment to Rice Lake,
A little more organizing and a nice workshop will take shape.
As always, a trip to the Seabee reunion, was planned for a September weekend,
But a bout with pneumonia kept me home on the couch, just a greeting I had to send.
My bird feeders have been busy; I’ve enjoyed learning to know,
The bird’s marks and their habits, while they munch on the chow.
Finding my way around Wisconsin and taking photographs for fun,
Keeps me active and gives my blog a story to be spun.
The winter weather has continued where those summer storms left off,
Twenty inches of snow last Saturday, okay, we now have enough!
Now here we are with the holidays soon to be here,
Again to celebrate with family, it is nice to be near.
Please keep in touch, my email is the same (wandajohansen@gmail.com),
Or if you are on Facebook, I’m there too (all the time-some folks claim).
Or check out my blog (www.lifeinricelakewi.blogspot.com) if you have time,
There I just write stories about my Rice Lake life, not this silly kind of rhyme.

May you find Peace during these holidays, and in the New Year.
~~
And now a few photos of my Christmas Decorations, 
sometimes the world looks pretty when it is just a little out of focus.

My little tree in the living room.
Angel on top
Deck door
Flag and Danish Wimpler 
Front Door Decorations
Snowflake on front entry
Front entry decorations
Let there be Peace on Earth

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails