Saturday, November 6, 2021

Food prep Saturday

 I have been hungry for white bean & ham soup. Maybe it's the fall weather.  I made a big batch today in the Instantpot.  I used a ham steak & trimmed off all the fat.  I love carrots in this soup, but I do not like carrots that have been frozen,  so I'm going to have to add those later.  The soup has an unplanned ingredient.  I had put a can of pumpkin on the counter planning to use that in the next recipe, but once I started opening cans, I just added the pumpkin to the soup.  It's fine,  adds some nutrients & fiber and silkiness, and not much flavor. 

The pumpkin was supposed to be in my turkey meatballs.  But my meatballs are fine without.  I have 40 meatballs in the freezer and I will have 12 servings of soup stored as well, once it cools.

I ran across this photo of great niece Charli. It's one of my all time favorites.  There are a few photos I have taken that are special, this is one. 

Charlotte -2009


Life is good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails