Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Dad 1922-2014

 It has been 7 years since I have seen this smile.  

Dad died early in the very early morning of 11/2/2014 at Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  My nephew Kyle, and I, were at his side, when his heart slowed and stopped.  I knew I would miss him, but I underestimated the void that would be left in my life.  He and I were such good friends and he was so much fun to know and have as part of my life.  I was a lucky daughter, to be sure.



It was hard for me to carry on after Dad died.  I look back now and can better see how deep was the sorrow that I was managing through.  I learned that grief is individual and very personal.   

I will always remember the cliché words said that were meant to be kind, or the encouraging advice that was given, but that I now know, all are better left unsaid.  I hope that I have learned to be a better friend to someone who is grieving.

Today I am grateful for photos that captured Dad's smile and character.  

These memories are truly priceless.

And so it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails