Friday, June 28, 2019

A Mama in the neighborhood

I was sitting in the living room, & heard a metallic clang, looked around the house, saw nothing.  The cats were looking out the back window, I didn't see anything.


Then I noticed a car drive by the house a couple of times, really slow, I wondered what that was about, and almost went outside to see if they were lost  Then I saw my neighbor Dave was working in his garage driveway, figured that was where the clang noise was from.


But I went outside anyway, just to make sure there wasn't any funny business going on. I kept hearing some kind of screech, thought there was a crying baby at the neighbors, which would have been weird, but that's what it sounded like. 

Took a little walk about my yard, watered some flowers and then my neighbor drove up the drive way and pointed out the visitors. The cubs were up his willow tree, Mom was no where in sight. He went to see if she might have been hit on the road. 





It wasn't long before Mom came from around the back of my house, limping on a injured hind leg, but moving along pretty well. 


  One cub got spooked as Mom was gathering her tribe, up the tree he went until she gave the signal.



 Once gathered, she limped off into the woods with her 3 babies.


I went out to get the memory card out of the trail cam hoping to have more photos of Mom, but there were none, she avoided the trailcam lens.  I did notice that my birdfeeder by my bedroom window had been tipped over.
I guess I know what the 'clang' was. No more leaving bird feeders out at night.



That Mom will have her hands full with 3 cubs and a lame leg, I hope she heals up fast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails