Thursday, June 6, 2019

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

A friend of mine has been posting amazing photos of birds that she takes from across the lake and the sharpness is so stunning, that I started yearning for the kind of camera she was using.
I had it in my Nikon shopping cart a couple of times, and then backed out.
For some reason, on Monday, I hit the BUY button.
I am now the proud owner of a NIKON P1000.
Fresh out the box this morning, charged the battery while I played cards and now the work begins.

I started on the manual, but didn't get far, I will read it before I take many more photos.
Tonight I went out to the Peony patch and took this pic.
 Walked around the back of this house and snapped this photo of the backyard.
No lens change needed.
My hope is that this camera will give me some new and improved looks at the sports photos I love to take.  But there is a learning curve so I'll be practicing around the yard all weekend.

But I got about 100 mosquito bites on my ankles, I am NOT exaggerating!
I looked down and shrieked!
Now I'm trying every home remedy to stop the itching.
It is a good thing I don't own any steel wool.

My future photography walk-abouts will include DEET!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails