Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Wilderness Road

On Friday, the Luck Cardinals traveled to Mellen, Wisconsin to take on the Granitediggers for their last regular season football game.  It's a trek for the Luck folks, a little closer for me, but still almost 100 miles to the NE.  I decided to go as the game was a 4pm start and it was good day for a drive to see the fall colors.
The route I took through the Chequamegon-Nicolet Forest was a beauty.  I enjoyed the drive although did not have time to stop to take photos of Mother Nature's work.  I did take a video of the drive for Laila and since it is on YouTube you can view it by clicking here.

By the time I arrived in Mellen, about 15 minutes late, the score was already 24 to 0 in favor of the Cardinals.  The final score was 74 to 6.
I got there in time to see Jack catch a pass.

Jack had a good tackle on this play.

Jack did the weave and dodge for a good gain.


 The starting line up took to the sidelines for the second half.

It's hard for the Seniors to stand and watch I'm sure, 
but its the nature of winning so big.

The Cardinals walked away with another win for an undefeated season.
Next week they will play in a tournament Jamboree and depending on the results,
they may have one more game after that.
I'm away at Quilt Camp next weekend, so this was probably my last game.


I've enjoyed watching Jack and team play this season.
I hope they have a good post season.
Bring on basketball!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails