Monday, October 30, 2017

I'll miss my pal

Sad news from Luck this morning.   
My friend, 
nephew Kyle's mother-in-law 
and grandmother many of the basketball players, 
Janice Olson died today.  
Janice & Wanda
The Go-Jos ready for the next game
She fell down the steps this morning at her daughter Jessica's. They think there was another medical issue before the fall.  Poor Jess was probably there.  So sad for Janice's kids and of course the grandchildren too.  
I'm glad I took a couple of photos of her and Jack 
& all of us on Saturday night.  
I'm just so sad.  

She looked great Saturday night and we were talking about the upcoming basketball season and going to all the games together again. In the blink of an eye its over.  She would have been 75 in a month.
  
On all our car rides to basketball over the years she told me a lot of personal & detailed stories about her life.  We also discussed politics as we were of like minds. She had a photographic memory for dates and numbers that was just amazing.  I'm going to miss our rides together so much.  Janice was so kind to me, always complimentary and compassionate.  She kept me laughing on many of our drives.

Last year we went to all but 2 of the varsity games for the Luck Cardinals together, even making the drive to Ashland and Superior.
She was always ready to go and willing to go early to watch the girls play before the boys.  We spent lots of hours on the bleachers together.
She was a connoisseur of the popcorn at each gymnasium.
I could take it or leave it, 
but Janice wanted to have her popcorn at every game.

I guess I'll spend my day looking through photos and getting a jump drive ready of Janice photos for when the kids are ready to have those.

I'll miss my pal Janice but I know that she had a strong faith 
and is now resting in peace. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails