Wednesday, August 9, 2017

NO days off

Sister in law Lois brought me this little sign when we met for lunch last Friday.
It's true, and it's a good thing.

I do take the occasional day to be a slacker, like yesterday.
I had a crown crack so spent yesterday morning in the dentist chair having the old crown jack-hammered out in preparation for a replacement.
For whatever reason, it wore me out and I took the rest of the day off.

I did take time to notice how pretty my red impatiens are though.

I found this garden spider in the same place as last year.
He never takes a day off, always working on his web and his latest catch.
The spider species Argiope aurantia is commonly known as the yellow garden spider, black and yellow garden spider, golden garden spider, writing spider, corn spider, or McKinley spider. Wikipedia

Female Argiope aurantia spiders tend to be somewhat local, often staying in one place throughout much of their lifetime according to Wikipedia, so I guess I'll start looking for her each year in this bed.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails