Sunday, August 27, 2017

Friday Night Under the Lights

Great nephew Jack is playing football this season, his senior year of high school.  
Truthfully, high school football worries me with all the information available on concussions, I just hate to hear the sound of the helmets smashing.  But, Luck has moved into 8 man football, and this seems less about that kind of thing, and there is more scoring.  So, on Friday night, the weather seemed like it was going to clear up after a day of rain & wind, so I drove to Northwoods to see the game.  Northwoods is about an hour straight North of me, not a bad drive for me, almost 2 hours for the Luck folks though.  (The downside of living in areas with smaller schools is the drive time between opponents of the same size. )
I dressed warmly in long pants, boots and hooded sweatshirt, I even brought my down vest and some gloves.  It turned out I was quite comfy without the vest and gloves and it felt good to be back in a sweatshirt again.  
Although, I'll be happy to have more shorts and tank top weather before it all goes away.

Here come the Cardinals!
Jack is #8

I enjoyed watching the ritual of the warm up routines.

Team Captains, a rare chance to take a picture without helmet
Lined up for the National Anthem.

Lining up on defense.
Jack gets to play back up quarterback, punt returns and defense, linebacker maybe?
I'm not smart about those positions.

As team captain, he gets in on the discussion about penalty acceptance.


The family was all there to watch.
Ruby, Stella, friend Olivia, Jude and another friend of the kids.
Jude watching the game among the Cardinal fans.

Fully engaged even off the field.

The kids were comfy with great seats to see the game.
Young fans



The Cardinals got off to a great start.  I had read that Northwoods had a very good team.
I was pleasantly surprised when our kids scored first.


Little Jude was having a blast.
One time he ran down to the field during a time out,
but one of the sister managed to tackle him before he joined the team on the field.
 It was a good win for the Luck Cardinals.
I'm in now, I'll be at the Bruce game in Luck next week.













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails