Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Long Night

When I got up this morning and started getting my breakfast ready,  
something was missing. 
I've become accustomed to the barrage of meowing from Barley in the morning as she demands her breakfast FIRST!   
This morning,  only Hops, who never meows unless it's a crisis,  
was patiently waiting for her food. 
I knew we had a problem. 

I called for Barley, checked a couple of cat beds & headed for the master closet.  
Sure enough,  there she was.
  I had done laundry late last night,  I'm guessing she slipped into the closet as I was hanging up the clothes. And she didn't slip out 
before I closed the door and went to bed. 

She was very happy to have her freedom back this morning.  She sprinted up and down the hallway the length of the house several times 
and then ate every morsel of food in her dish. 
Free at last!
And now, she is resting comfortably in front of the fire.  
I turned on the fireplace to take the chill off the room, 
 and it's also taking the chill off Barley. 
 She deserves a rest,  she had a long night in captivity. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails