Saturday, August 24, 2024

Why I am voting for her

As a 71-year-old female, who is still grieving over 2016, I was angry about the movement to remove Joe Biden from the ticket. I was convinced that our country would not elect a woman and that we then would be stuck with Trump winning. Then I watched VP Harris, always with respect and gratitude to President Biden, select a fantastic running mate and give SRO rally speeches in PA, WI, and MI. I started to see that Democrats were really on board with this ticket. The convention was a well-executed display of the diverse super-strong bench-strength of never-before-in-the-history-of-our-country Democratic leaders . And it was fun. The content of VP Kamala Harris's acceptance speech was masterful. When she said "the consequences of putting Donald Trump back in the Whitehouse are very serious!" I felt dread and fear creep back into my heart, but at the same time, I felt calm in knowing that Kamala Harris was the perfect choice for President of the United States. I was voting Democrat no matter who the candidate, but now...I'm not voting for Harris because she is a woman, I am voting for her because I am.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails