Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Art in the Park

Included is our supply box for the February virtual quilt retreat, was a piece of black fabric with colorful musical notes.

The assignment was to create a 12 " block.  Use the fabric.  Back the block but do not add batting. Do not finish the edge. Mail it back by April 1.

The blocks are going to be used for an outdoor art installation.  The Art in the Park theme is 'Torch Songs and Rhapsodies'.


Today,  during my weekly zoom sewing group,  I put together my square.  I used the idea of the Danish heart baskets. 

Front

My square is not perfect,  but it is done.

Back

I will add my name and location to the back of the quilt and mail it to the quilt shop in Iron River, MI.

One more thing off my list ✅️.

UPDATE
I made my first square too small,  so I re-sewed the square to 13" as the instructions requested. 
It is a heart basket, although not too obvious. 

I added a map to show my location and decided to shorten my last name. 

The back

Now that it measures 13" square,  it is ready to mail. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails