Thursday, March 21, 2024

More Stella ♥️

 The Luck School uses Facebook to post information about the school and the students.   This was posted today. 

Our next “Academic Student Spotlight” features Stella Johansen, a senior at Luck High School! Let's get to know her and find out what makes her proud to be a Luck Cardinal! 

Current Classes: Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry II, AP Literature, AP Psychology, and Yoga

Extracurricular Activities: volleyball, basketball, track, NHS, Student Council, speech, Kinship, youth group, and Spanish Club 

Future Plans: Attend UW-Madison for Nursing 

How have your classes/extracurricular activities prepared you for life after high school? Taking more difficult classes is challenging but rewarding. To me, anything that even slightly prepares me for college classes is worth the extra work. Extracurricular activities have helped me step outside of my comfort zone, connect with other students/teachers, and feel more involved within the school and community. 

What will you miss most about high school? I will miss the small town feel, seeing my friends and teachers every day, playing sports, being in the same building as my two younger brothers, and going to school with my sister, Ruby. 

What advice would you give to students entering high school? Be involved. You’ll never regret playing sports or joining clubs. Work hard early so your senior year can be filled with classes that you want to take and will get you one step ahead. Go to games, support your classmates, get to know your teachers, appreciate the little things, and take it all in. It goes by fast. Also, don’t believe everything Mr. Brenizer says. 

What makes you proud to be a Luck Cardinal? We are one of only a few schools that still have one K-12 building. Coming from a family of 6 kids, I’ve appreciated growing up being able to look up to my older brothers in the hallways, and now being someone that my younger siblings can look up to in the hallways. Everyone is very close at Luck. We are a pretty tight knit school and community, and there are a lot of good things that come with that.



~

Stella has matured into a young woman who cares deeply.  Reading her thoughts brought tears of pride to my eyes. ♥️

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails