Tuesday, February 13, 2024

National Honor Society

 Stella invited me to join the family at the National Honor Society ceremony installing new members. As an existing member, Stella had a role in the program.  An italian buffet dinner was served and then we were witness to the ceremony.




The guest speaker, Mr. Harelson, had a message that I have been thinking about. He challenged everyone, students and families, to spend time thinking about values. Specifically he challenged the listeners to think about each of their personal values.  He talked about the words that describe the values he aspires to, and he talked about the values statements of large corporations.
I walked away thinking about my own personal values, and I've been noodling on this topic ever since. I haven't quite settled on my list, but I'm working on it. 

It was a nice evening shared with family. 

Heather, Jens, Kyle, Stella, Auny Jessica, Jude, Ruby, Grandma Lous, Great Aunt Wanda, Great Aunt Lois

The great aunts & Stella

Sisters, Ruby & Stella

Jude & Stella

Mom & Dad with Stella

❤❤❤❤❤

On my drive over to Luck,  I noticed a flock of about 20 swans in the open water near Cumberland.  I'm hoping that they will still be there when I drive over today, on my way to basketball.  I'll try for a few photos.  There are quite a few swans that did not migrate this year,  the warm winter must have confused their internal calendar.  It's fun to see them in fields and in the open water. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails