Saturday, September 9, 2023

Hail Damage Repairs, Part 1

 The roofing crew arrived Tuesday morning, early.  The weather prediction was iffy, the only thing that was for sure, was that it was going to get hot.


                                    The supplies had been delivered the week before.

                                        The haul off truck was placed early that morning.




This truck was backed in there very, very tightly.

These are out of order, this is the final work being completed on the house.



The scraping begins

The crew works as a team and the progress is quick.

The noise was bad.  Poor kitty Barley hid under my bed for most of the day.
I didn't like the noise either, but at least I understood what was happening, she was very scared.





I filled a cooler with iced Gatorade, some Kwik rip cookies and a bag of Halloween candies.


I added a sign to be sure the workers knew this was meant for them.



I had cameras set up to see the house from the backyard and the garage from the front porch.  It was interesting to watch the progress from the comfort of my cool living room.




The end of the day, all that was left was a few cubes of ice.
Mission accomplished!


I can't really see the roof of the house very well for a photo, but the garage is easy to see from the front porch.  I like the new shingle color called TerraCotta.

The rain gutters and siding and deck are still to be scheduled, I suppose we will mess with this all fall.
So it goes.

Barley has recovered and is once again enjoying the peaceful world that is usually hers.
She is a sun worshipper and a heat seeker.
All is well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails