Thursday, February 2, 2023

Quilting on Zoom

Sewing pals Mary and Sharon & I took a quilt class over Zoom today.
The class was learning to build a Convergence quilt.
A kit was mailed to me.  A few instructions were emailed to me, including only a few pre-cutting tasks.  When I was doing my pre class cutting, I thought I must have made a mistake as I was short about 6 inches of fabric. I decided that I could piece together what I needed from scrap.  Later, the teacher announced that the kits were short six inches of yardage.  I felt victorious.


First cuts

Following the instructions in class.

Working on layout, very tricky.

Zoom & clipping

This is my final product.
It is an interesting  pattern. I think I might like it better with bold, solid colors.  I'm thinking black, white & bright red.

 Now to decide how to finish it.  
I'll probably add some borders to make it a little bigger. 

It worked out, I think Mary & Sharon and I should Zoom sew occasionally. We couldn't really chat much today as it was a class.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails