Saturday, December 17, 2022

Writing of the cards

My house cleaner was coming today, so I needed to clear out. I started with breakfast at The Rice Lake Family Restaurant. The place was hopping. It looks to me like they have regained good staffing levels, a few new faces mixed in with the old. It's always a good meal, fast service and no limit to hot coffee (decaf for me these days).

After breakfast, I drove to Cameron in search of a spot to hang out and work on writing my Christmas cards.  Plan A was to see if the Senior Center was unoccupied.   Plan B was to find a spot in the library. 

Plan A worked out.  The facility was rented for a 3pm party,  so I had a few hours to take advantage of the peace & quiet, with no distractions

I set up shop near a window & the Christmas tree.
Perfect.

Last year, I just never got around to sending my Christmas cards. This year, I am a little ahead of my normal last-minute schedule. 

I always read Christmas cards as they come, then on Christmas Day, I read them all again and take time to appreciate the pretty cards, some, like the one below, 
are home made and real treasures.
Homemade, or not, each card is a little gift in an envelope. 


I didn't quite finish before the party folks started to show up, but the lion's share of the cards are in the mail.  It's a good feeling to have sent so many greetings to friends and family. My friend Mary always reminds me, everyone loves to get mail. 

 It's feeling like Christmas. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails