Sunday, December 4, 2022

Basketball & Lutefisk

 I do not believe that those two words have often been used in the same sentence.

Thursday night, I drove over to Luck to watch great niece Stella play Varsity basketball.  It was the Luck Cardinals vs the Drummond Lumberjackettes.

It was not a game that the Cardinals would win, but it was great to see the girls back on the court and there is definite promise in this team.  I'm looking forward to the next time.  And, sitting on the bleachers with family is  great for catching up as well.  Great nephew Owen was playing boys JV in the other gym at the same time.  I'll have to wait to watch him play varsity ball I guess.

After the game, Stella was invited to be interviewed by the We Are Luck broadcast team.

This was especially fun because Laila was watching the livestream, so she got to hear Stella's interview.  I'm so grateful for that technology.  It was really brought Laila closer to the family.


Wearing #1 this year, Stella drives to the bucket.

The Drummond team seemed bigger than our girls, but the Cardinals did not back off.

Smiles all around during introductions.


Sunday was the annual holiday meal at The Norske Nook here in Rice Lake.
My friend Jeri who I went to grade school with, came down from Shell Lake and we had a very enjoyable meal and much good visiting.  
I didn't know Jeri very well in school, she was quite shy, very smart & lived in town.  I rode the bus home everyday.  Now that I live here, we have a shared friendship.  I respect Jeri's outlook on issues and we always find plenty to talk about.  She's an avid reader and is the one who first showed me a Kindle!  I'm glad that we have connected and share those roots of our youth.
Not everyone likes Lutefisk.
It's an interesting dish to be sure.
The rest of the meal is wonderful and making this a holiday tradition is good for me.


My nutritionist will be proud, I did not eat all of food served on the plate 
and I left the restaurant pleasantly full.

It is officially the holiday season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails