Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Christmas

 Today the Christmas Village took life and I also lit up my tree.







I don't remember when I put the village up last but I am pretty sure it was before covid. It really adds charm and coziness to the living room. Of course two of the lights didn't work but that's to be expected, so for now the maltings and one of the little business buildings are dark. But they will get light as soon as Amazon delivers.

🌲🌲🌲

More big news at this house is that I have a new garage door opener.

 Over the weekend the old opener self-destructed. It had been going that way for a while and finally would only open one inch.

 I contacted a handyman on Facebook who said he could install a new opener and suggested a chain model. Farm & Fleet had the perfect model so I ordered it and picked it up in the Drive-Thru on Sunday. This model is Wi-Fi enabled so I am able to monitor my garage door from my cell phone. This is something I have wanted for a long time and I am very pleased. 

Richie and Annie came today and installed the new opener, in about 3 hours it was all done & he hauled off the old one too!. They are relatively newlywed and have three small children. When I asked him what his rate was, he said he charged a flat rate of $20 an hour but, if that was too much, he would work it out with me. In the course of our conversation he also mentioned that the three kids have been sick, his wife had been sick, and they are facing financial challenges so he's trying to earn a buck where he can.

I paid him for 9 hours of work.

I'm as happy as a clam.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

It's time for a toast to Dad. 

I mixed up a Manharpttan in Dad's special high ball glass and I'm enjoying the peace & quiet and the lights of the little brewery village.


Barley likes it too.

🐈‍⬛













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails