Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Water

 I read an article this morning on the 'Today' website.  The author suggested that being around water and even watching videos of water and waves can improve a person's mental health.

Click here for the full article.

"Just being near water can help boost mental health — even virtually

There are science-backed reasons why water helps you unwind."

"Water is dynamic. It has different colors. It's moving. And so your attention is on that rather than all the noise out there," Azar said.


Today I wanted to set up a trail cam at our Sandcastle cabin and decided that when I was done I would head for my favorite place with water, Wisconsin Point.

Wisconsin Point Lighthouse & the Erie Trader
The Erie Trader must be waiting to enter the harbor to load ore or grains.

 
The Lake Superior water was quite warm.  It was hot on the beach and the waves were very small.
I was hoping for some crashing wave action, but it was peaceful and relaxing.
I was alone for about 30 minutes and then some families starting showing up.  It was a hot day in Superior and once school & work was over for the day, the beach was filling up.
I left at about 5:30pm as the activity level was increasing.

I parked my lawn chair here and watched the water. 


A couple of Sandpipers strolled by.

A float plane did a fly over.

It was a good visit to the big lake, I can't wait to go back, maybe when the waves are crashing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails