Wednesday, December 22, 2021

I love to get mail

Friend Mary reminds me frequently how much everyone loves to get mail. We don't get much mail anymore that's not related to advertising or financial information 
/ bills. It is so nice to get mail that's personal; a note, a card and a package is always fun.

Yesterday I got a box from my friend Karen who lives in Washington State. Karen is a Crafter and has sent me some lovely things in the past and I was anxious to see what was inside. When I pulled out this little red scarf though, I was confused. I was sure I was missing an obvious point to this gift. So I experimented.




While it wasn't impossible to wear it as a little scarf, it was certainly unique and perhaps the idea would catch on and I would be a trendsetter. I wasn't opposed to giving it a try.




Then I tried it as a headband. Headbands are all the rage and I love how they look on other people, but I've never been able to successfully wear one and feel stylish, as an adult. But I tried it and it could work.

Finally, I admitted to myself that I had to ask Karen about her intended use of this hand-knitted piece.

Mystery solved. 
About ten days ago I posted a photo on Facebook of our new snow. It was the view of my backyard; a very lovely and majestic Colorado Blue Spruce tree 
and a yard ornament, Ms. Flamingo.




Karen had commented on my photo on Facebook that Ms. Flamingo needed a scarf. Well now she has one, handcrafted in the state of Washington and delivered in time for Christmas






I suppose that Ms. Flamingo will think that she needs other accessories as the seasons change. Time will tell if she gets her wish.

For now, she is looking festive for a Wisconsin winter.

Also in my package were a set of retro potholders. Karen and I have been friends for many years, she knows I love my Packers but I'm a Bronco fan as well. Very fun. And useful, I always need some thing to help grab hot containers out of the microwave where cook many of my gourmet meals. 😉




All in all, a delightful trip to the mailbox.
Thanks pal.

♥️🎄♥️


Omaha's Snack Shack is doing a steady business this winter. A Tortoise-Shell cat comes daily, as does Buddy, the orange stray. Both eat enough that the food dish has to be refilled at least daily. I hope that they have found good shelter, I'll continue to supply the snacks.
 



♥️🐈 Be Kind 🐈‍⬛♥️



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails