Saturday, March 23, 2019

Big Lake and Quilts

I took a drive today to do some quilt business at a sweet little quilt shop, Fisher Under Cover, in Port Wing, WI on the shores of Lake Superior.  It was my first visit to Tammy's shop located in an old church in this quaint little town.  She has a nice shop with lots of inventory in not much space yet it did not feel claustrophobic.  It is light and airy and cute.  
I dropped off 5, yes 5, quilts for long arm quilting.
1.  Sunflowers
2. Wizard of Oz
3. Burlap rectangles
4. Block by block flannel
5. Coffee and Latte

I'll post photos of the completed projects when I get them back in about a month.
It feels great to have ALL my UFOs at the quilter.
Unfinished projects are a weight on my shoulders.

And since quilt camp is just 2 weeks away, it is nice to be caught up.

I met Mary & Sharon at the shop and then we had lunch at the Bear Paw Cafe.  It was a cute, cozy cabin style diner with great food.

***

On the way home, I stopped along the lake a few times, trying to find a photo of the ice shards that are buckling off the lake as the melt starts.
My photos don't do justice, but maybe you'll get the idea.







It was a nice day for a drive, 50 degrees and sunny on my way home.
I got a little sleepy in the sun, had to take a cool down & stretch break about 1/2 way home.
It was a fun day to be out in the beautiful Wisconsin countryside.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails