Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Procrastination

I'm quite good at putting things off.
I have bulbs to plant, hanging planters to dump, big planters to store, and other assorted outside duties that need done.
Then, as I was getting ready to leave to meet with my reading tutor-ee, my phone rang. It was nephew Ryan telling me about a beautiful bit of scenery he had witnessed this morning on his truck route.  A pond filled with geese and a farm in the background.  He gave me the location and I thought... I'll add it to my places to pay attention too when I'm out and about with my camera.  Just as I was leaving for tutoring, I grabbed my camera bag, just in case.  I had noticed a posting on Facebook about a quilt shop in Richland having a Halloween sale, I started thinking maybe there could be a little road trip.
So, I ended up making a loop from my house to Cameron, to Turtle Lake, then South on 63.  Just South of Clear Lake I found the spot that Ryan had called about.
I suspect the geese and swans were in the closer pond when Ryan saw them.
There were about a zillion geese, and they were very noisy.
If you live close by, you might not enjoy this gathering so much.

Then I had Smarty Pants help me take back roads to get to Richland.
Town roads and country roads are busy with farm equipment so I took my time.
I ran across a couple of little bucks, only got a photo of one.
They are so camouflaged now, they practically disappear into the brush.

He gave me the stare down as I scrambled to pull over, roll down the window and take a couple of quick snaps.  I love seeing the deer, especially when they are not right on the road.

At Richland I visited the quilt shop and picked up a little sale fabric.
The shop was busy, I'm always happy to see that, I want these little quilt shops to stay in business.

From Richland, I headed back home on the main drag.
I wanted to stop in Barron at the library to check out the Literacy Council supply cabinet.
My student needs a take home book and I wanted to be sure I have plenty of workbooks on hand.
I found what I needed.
My final stop was the DQ.
It won't be long until the Dairy Queens close down for the winter,
one last cone.

When I got home there was a card on the front step left by a friend.
It was a fun surprise.



I never get any trick or treat kids here, but I enjoyed being out and about today, I saw some great make up and costumes.
I Wanda Witch you a Happy Halloween.

I still have bulbs to plant, hanging planters to dump, big planters to store, and other assorted outside duties that need done. But not today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails