Saturday, March 21, 2015

Feeder birds

I did some rearranging of the bird feeders today to get them out over the grass to minimize the amount of mess & poop that ends up on the deck.
New swivel hooks allow the feeders to hang over the grass.
The suet bags really make a mess, so I'm really happy to have those further from the decking.

The little song birds were flying right past me while I was working 
so I brought out my camera and took a few pictures of my friends.

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Black Capped Chickadee in the feeder

Chickadee

With his prize

Head shot, such pretty feathers on his back


The male downy woodpeckers don't get along

Getting low to run off another male.

Downy Woodpecker

Hairy Woodpecker

This guy screeched as he flew in, made me jump.
 Meanwhile, in the house, the cats are lounging.
Hops has no shame.
Napping in front of the fire
Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails