Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Zoom Sewing

 Covid left behind a few new uses of technology that are worth keeping.  Zoom is one of those.  I've been keeping up with my best friends by playing Bridge on line while we Zoom so we can chat.  We started playing & chatting during the lock down, and we are still going. 

A quilt shop in Upper Michigan, The Fabric Patch, started Zoom sewing classes during lockdown and they have expanded into Zoom quilt retreats and live online sales.   Every Wednesday, they close their brick & mortar business, and spend the afternoon on Facebook live. 

Tuesday night, I took a Zoom class from the Fabric Patch. The class was called Dresden Neighborhood.  

It was a 3 hour class,  promising near completion of the project.  Ha! 🤣🤣

Here is the pattern example. 


There were other choices too, a Christmas village or a Valentine town. I went with Halloween.

I bought their kit of fabric for the class.



Once I had my buildings sized, it was time for appliqué & embellishments.

This will take some time.  It's fun.  I'm making it up as I go. 

One of the fabrics had images of crows, spides, bats, pumpkins, etc. Last night I backed that fabric with underwonder and cut out a pile of little figurines.  


Each building will have some kind of windows, doors, fences,  etc.  I'll use the little figures as well. Slow and putsy, but so cute.



There are 20 blades in this Dresden plate village, I have 3 done. 

I'm finding that this is a nice way for me to learn how to use my new sewing machine as I try new decorative stitches and explore the cool features of the Husqvarna. 

I'll update as my village takes shape. Roofs & hats will really bring it to life.

Life is good. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails