Tuesday, April 16, 2019

A trip to Luck for a funeral

Dianna and I went to school together at Luck, we went to Sunday School and Confirmation together too.  Her Dad and my Dad were members of a hunting group at Highland View back in the '60s.  Her folks were West Denmark people and today was the funeral for her Mom.  I was glad I could go.  It was a very nice service and I was glad to see Dianna.  She was so appreciative that I would come.
***
After the service, I did a few errands in Luck and then took a look around for anything to take a photo of.  I did okay, finding a Sand Hill Crane, American Eagle, a pair of ducks that I am working on the identification and several Muskrats that were sitting on the edge of the ice of Rice Lake eating weeds.

This guy was letting me creep up real close in the car, 
but then some road equipment drove my and off he went.

 Mother Nature sure is good at camouflage.




There were 3 pairs of Muskrats along the edge of the ice on Rice Lake.
It was curious to watch them go into the water and come up in a hole in the ice with their snack.


 While I was distracted by the Muskrats, these two landed right in front of me.
I was a snap or two too late for a great landing photo.
After a consult with nephew Kris, Wildlife Biologist, these are Common Mergansers.





I love Sandhill Cranes.
This guy was across the road from the Canada Goose, so I almost missed him.
He wasn't very big, but too early for this year's hatch, so must just be a small one from last year.

I was glad I went to Dorothy's service and I was also glad to have some encounters with Nature.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails