Sunday, December 30, 2018

66

I had another birthday last week, this one to mark the end of my 66th year here.  Like most people, that number doesn't make sense in my brain, but my body is aware of the mounting years of use.

I had a nice day of phone calls, cards, Facebook greetings, text messages and then a chorus of Happy Birthday sung by the Bridge group.  I ended the evening with basketball at Chetek, the Luck boys played Baldwin-Woodville in a holiday game.  BW is a much bigger school than Luck, so it was exciting to see them get the win.  Gage had 24 points and a good game.

The morning of my birthday I had the Sears appliance repairman here to work on the washer.  When he left I was pretty sure it was not repairable.  Sure enough, the next morning I got an email from the Sears Home Warranty folks telling me that they were going to replace the washer.  So, I had the option to take a check and I did that.  I got right over to our Sears Homestore and bought a nice new Kenmore which will be delivered and set up on the 10th of January.  I'll probably have to visit the laundromat one time to get me through, but that's okay, it's not a big deal.  It will be nice to have a new washer.  I'm glad that I have kept the home warranty with Sears, it gives me one phone number to call for any appliance problems, and all the premiums were paid for with this failure.

Friday night was another ballgame.  The Luck boys won again.  Gage did not have as good of a showing but others stepped up.  After the game, Kyle, Heather, Lois, Harry, Stella, Jude and I went out for a bite to eat at Adventures.  It was a very nice evening with the family.

Great niece Emily was at the game.

Great nephew Jude sporting his Christmas Eve battle scar.
He's a resilient little guy.

I feel like I had a really nice birthday this year, thanks to the attention of all my friends and family.
Life is very good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails