Saturday, September 15, 2018

Adios to the sofa!

So, the Stressless sofa that I moved out about 3 weeks ago, is now on its way to Michigan.
By way of Facebook, friend from my Coors days, Mike Babb wanted to come and buy the couch and have a visit.
It was a such a nice surprise.
Mike and Linda arrived pulling a trailer on Friday afternoon.  I had never met Linda, but instantly felt like we were good friends, some people are like that.
We started our evening with a special beer tasting.
Our Coors friend and colleague, Ann Fahy, had given me a special bottle of beer brewed by her son, head brewer at West O Beer.  This beer was a limited edition, each bottle signed by the head brewer.  I felt honored to be given this beer and Mike & Linda and I enjoyed tasting it.
It's a different style than I am used to drinking but it was a fun exploration of a farmhouse style brew, with strong ties to our friends Ann and Mike Fahy and their Headbrewer son Conor.
Mike has been gone for about 13 years now, but I'm sure he was with us in spirit.



I broke out a couple of vintage Coors pilsner glasses for our tasting.

The beer had a lovely color, almost a tinge of purple.

Mike Babb, Wanda, Linda Bab

We finished off our evening at Lehman's Supper Club for fish fry, more beer and lots of fun conversation.  It was really a delightful visit.

And guess what...the sofa is gone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails