Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flowers and Birds continue to amaze me

The flowers of Spring bring such joy.

This Lily of the Valley is coming up where it shouldn't, but I surely can't yank it out of there, it's too pretty.

Always a welcome sight, the first tomato flowers of the summer.

My yellow tulips were nice this year.
I guess it's true, all tulips turn yellow after year one, so no sense to buy red tulips.
The birds in Wisconsin are really a sight to behold.  
Daily I am caught by surprise at how pretty they are, 
how amusing they act and 
how diverse the population seems to be.
Always one of my favorite birds to see is the Blue Jay.
Common but not that easy to catch at the feeder.

These two Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks were not very welcoming to this Baltimore Oriole.

Really, can't we all get along?

The orioles sure love the grape jelly, which I add to the orange after they have eaten the pulp of the orange.

Lots of Grosbeaks this year.

And more Baltimore Orioles than last year too.

I do love their bright orange feathers.

Indigo bunting

House finch and Indigo Bunting 'sharing' the space
My camera did not want to take a sharp image of these two, not sure why.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails