Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Quilt Camp Wrap Up

 Some years ago, SIL Lois gave me this little journal. 

I use it to record my sewing projects, when I made the items, where I got the fabric and who I gave the finished project to.



It's a little gem. I also write down the names of the other quilters that I meet at camp.  I'm not the best at remembering names, so this helps. 

πŸ’™ πŸ’™ πŸ’™

Another tidbit from camp. We mostly 'park our politics at the door' unless we are alone with a like-mind.  Friend Sandy and I were talking, and in the course I mentioned that I was doing social media for the Barron County Dems. Our conversation ended and I went back to sewing. One of the quilters from another table came over and said, "I wasn't trying to listen in on your conversation, but I heard you say that you are doing social media posts for the Barron County Dems. I follow that page and I want to thank you for all you are doing for the election.  You are putting yourself out there and I really am thankful for what you are doing.". Well, t caught me by surprise and I instantly had tears in my eyes.  She told me her name and we talked a little about our concerns. 

It really hit me emotionally. I spend a fair amount of time posting on FB & Threads for the Dems, this sincere Thankyou really means allot. 


You never know who can use a lift, sharing a kind word can be all the difference.

πŸ’™

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails