Friday, July 1, 2022

Fresh and new

 My asphalt driveway has needed sealing & crack repair for a number of years now.  Last summer, I noticed a neighbor had his done and I stopped to talk to him and he gave me the name & number of the company who did the work.

Elite Sealing & Coating

Before

The owner, John, gave me an estimate last fall, but told me that he would not be doing the work until this summer, he was already booked out that far.  No worries, I was happy to wait just knowing it was going to be done.

Today, he and his crew of 2 arrived.  They edged the driveway, they routed out the cracks and sealed them and then they double coated the whole driveway.  They even put up a barrier across the driveway at the street so that no one pulls in while it is wet.

I was able to see the progress from my living room via my many outdoor cameras.

First was the edging, weed whipping and blowing off of all debris. Very noisy.


Then came the black stuff!.
Quiet & a coordinated team effort.

These guys are artists. 

I watched on the camera 'live' as he painted on that edge along the pavers and it is perfect!


Once the edges were done,  the remaining application went quickly.

It will be dry enough to walk on tonight and I'll be able to pull the car in the garage tomorrow night.

When the work was done I asked John if he wanted some money? He said he would just send me a bill. I said that I had cash.  He said,  OK,  if that's what you want to do. 

The estimate was $550.  I handed him six $100 bills. I said, buy your crew a cold drink.

He was so shocked, he said something like "oh, maam!"

I told him I'm a very happy customer, have a good weekend.

Happy days!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails