Friday, April 1, 2022

1950

 The 1950 US Census results were recently released to the public.  I think the rule is 72 years after the census, the data is released.

I searched for Dad and found our neighborhood.  
Gosh, Mom & Dad were so young.  And there was no Wanda & no Laila, yet.
Otherwise,  nothing of note.



✅  ✅  ✅

Yesterday at the bridge table we were talking about names 
and one of my friends asked 'what is Wanda short for? '
Huh?  
He said, "I bet there is some Slavic princess or something".
And so I Googled.

The name Wanda is a girl's name of Slavic origin meaning "shepherdess; wanderer". Rarely heard, and when it is, usually attached to a witch. Historically, though, Wanda was a legendary eighth century queen of Poland, and in literature it is the central character of Ouida's eponymous novel Wanda.

👸

I had never even thought about it before so what a fun discovery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails