Thursday, June 10, 2021

Hops and stuff


The ladder Hops are a bit puny this year. 
I've been hauling water & Miracle Gro down to this plant daily. 
I'm hoping it will grow some muscles. 


This is the old ladder that I bought from friend Ruby. She said it was the first extension ladder that she & husband Ray, (RIP Ray,) bought for their farm.  Ruby was clearing out her house in Luck & moving closer to her granddaughter. I paid $3 for the ladder, but it is priceless to me.


I planted an herb garden on the front porch.  I didn't think too hard when I was grabbing some herbs at the greenhouse. There were not too many to choose from so late in the year.  I ended up with cilantro, basil, lemon balm, and catnip.  All of the herbs are thriving. 
This morning, a visitor dropped by and chomped down a fair amount of the catnip. He probably went home for a nap after that.  Check the video. 


The Peony Crinkled White is blooming.  Not as many buds as last year. Maybe he needs to be moved this fall.





Aldi grocery store had a rack of hanging baskets that were nearly DOA. I picked out the 3 best, and after one night of soaking, they look fine. A Begonia, Petunia & Impatien. $2.99 per basket, can't beat that price.


Added a fountain to the red room.  The porcelain pot was from Janice's auction.  Very fancy addition to the sitting spot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails