Saturday, November 24, 2018

Hunting Shack Visit

On Saturday I took a drive to Mason, Wisconsin to see Rick and Mary for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie & also to pick up a battery powered shower that we think we can use at our Sandcastle cabin. It was kind of a gloomy day but warm, 40s, the roads were dry so it was a pleasant drive. Mary and I talked over some sewing projects and I brought her some wool sweaters for her mittens project. She's been sewing the wool mittens out of old sweaters and donating them to the Ashland Humane Society. The mittens are then sold in the Humane Society thrift store and the money ultimately benefits the dogs and cats.
From Mason I headed to the Sandcastle to check in with our deer hunters and also to bring the new shower set up to the hunt. It was about dusk when I got to the cabin so the hunters had returned from the woods. The men had a project in mind that they wanted to complete before settling down to a few hands of cards end settling in for the night. They got busy putting new vinyl down in the bathroom which meant pulling everything out of the bathroom first and some cleaning. I didn't get involve so I sat down with Jackson and Jake for a hand or two of Cribbage. Jake and never played before so he needed a coach. He caught on quickly to the 15-2 idea. We played a whole game with Jake skunking Jackson. Beginner's luck is a sweet feeling. 
I wanted to get going on my drive back home so I left as the guys were finishing up the reload of the bathroom but it was nice to have a quick visit and a few hands of crib. My drive home was uneventful, a lot of rain but thankfully no animals on the road.

I'm pretty sure shower will work great,  but the hunters are not interested in getting cleaned up,  so I guess we won't test the new gizmo this hunting season. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails