Monday, June 18, 2018

Mementos of Janice

I've been to 2 of the auctions of my friend Janice's estate.
The girls seem to appreciate my moral support as they watch their Mom's collections be auctioned.
I've tried to bid only on things that I will use 
and then it has been fun to work them into my household.

I picked up a couple of fat cardinal planters and found them a home on the kitchen window sill.

I also got an antique tool box that I just love.

As soon as I saw it on display, I knew I wanted it and knew it would work for all my greeting cards.
 The drawer is the whole length of the box, 
so I've got address labels, stamps and stickers stashed in the drawer.
Now I have a nice little office in the kitchen for my greeting card business.
All my greeting cards, store bought and my own photographic creations, fit in the top.
Once I got all my many cards in the same place, I got a wake up call about having way too many cards on hand, so now I'm on a mission to use up what I have, before I make more.

I also picked up a really old wooden divided box and found a use for it as well.
No one will see it but me in the 'junk drawer', but it's functional and I'm pleased.

There is one more old wooden toolbox, smaller, and I haven't quite come up with a plan for that.  I think it might become a sewing caddy, but for now I'm noodling on that idea.
I picked up a couple of jars of old buttons, I like to have those sitting around the sewing room.

It's nice to have a few of Janice's collection in use around my house.
She was a good friend and I miss her.

Update:  I worked Janice's wooden toolbox into my little kitchen office set up.
Looks like a matched set to me.
And I eliminated a bunch of stuff, and freed up a big basket so that feels great.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails