Saturday, March 17, 2018

Assists

"Help others along the way, and you will help yourself."

The quote above was written by my Aunt Ane Marie in a high school graduation card to her brother, my Dad, Valdemar. 

No one keeps official stats as we live our lives, most folks are quick to lend a hand when asked, but seeing the need,  before the ask, that's a special person. Something to aspire to. 

Time will tell as to the character of our Johansen youth. But I'm very optimistic. 

Perhaps sports give us a window into the mindset of the athlete. Is it all about the player or the team? It's easy to find examples of both. 



It is my hope that great nephew Jack will carry his basketball skill into the rest of his life. He's been a leader in assists on the court for years and in his Senior year of high school, he has ranked high in the state for total assists.  Now, as he graduates and starts making his way in life, will he continue to rack up assists?  I think so, but time will tell.  In the meantime, I'm proud of Jack's selflessness on the basketball court. 

Well done #5! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails