Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Harp? No; Clean up? Yes; Remembering? Yes

I've been planning to take harp lessons after attending an introductory free lesson some weeks ago.  Kaija loaned me her beautiful harp, I started working on tuning it, broke a string and tried to replace the string, got sick of all of that and decided I needed to make up my mind to either commit or give up.  In this case, at least for now, I've decided to give up.  I can see that the tuning and messing with strings on the harp, are not my thing.  I love the piano and how easy it is to sit and play with no prep.  So, I have cancelled my harp lesson and, for now, don't plan to pursue it.
Sigh...
***
Today my lawn guys showed up to do the fall clean up.  I am happy that they got here before it snowed, although a lot of leaves have blown to my neighbor's yards while I was waiting for them to arrive.
Before and after the fall clean up.
***
Somehow, riding in the car, or working in the yard, I've managed to strain something in my knee.  It's not so bad that I can't walk but I can tell it needs rest and heat to get better.  What better excuse than that to spend a couple of days at home, heat on knee, taking anti-inflammatory medications and watching hours of TV.
Since it is nearly the 50 year anniversary of the death of President Kennedy, there is lots of programming on TV about his life.  Today I watched a two part PBS program, JFK, chronicling the life of Kennedy, both political and personal.  Last night I watched a made for TV movie called Killing Kennedy starring Rob Lowe as Kennedy.  This focused on the assassination.  These shows stir up emotions and remembrances of a young girl in Wisconsin, hearing the news at school and watching the funeral on TV.  What might have been had he lived will never be known, but the impact he made both while he lived and by how he died will never be forgotten.

(By the way, the knee is improving.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails