Sunday, August 4, 2013

2013 Monarch

I was enjoying some
relax time on the back deck on Saturday afternoon with my pal Barley, and was delighted to see a Monarch Butterfly making the rounds on some wild flowers.  I've been wanting to import some milkweed into my yard to encourage the Monarch to visit, but maybe I don't have to.

 I'm not sure what to call this yellow flower, but it is growing in abundance along the edge of my yard.

I was experimenting trying to catch this tiny bee in flight as it was hovering around the petunias.
I was actually a little too close to get a great focus, but it is an experiment I will try again for better results.
Summer seems to be cooling off already.
Sweatshirts and shorts are a comfortable outfit, but I hope some more hot weather is still coming.
I have lots and lots of green tomatoes that need some ripening weather.
Barley enjoys the cat condo and soaking up some sun, & she keeps an eye out for critters in the yard.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails