Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Music Appreciations

I'm realizing how important music is to me.  
I played in the band all through high school.  Only an adequate player of the french horn, practicing just didn't sound like fun.  
And I've always loved my rock and roll, and I appreciate many other genres of music...40's swing, folk music, classical, and others.  
But, since I started taking piano lessons (almost two years ago now), 
I have found I really appreciate music more.  
I took a music appreciation class as a college freshman.  8:00 am class, across the river bridge, in the winter, I barely passed.  
Now, I am interested!  I listen to music differently, thinking about dynamics, beat, key, wondering what the score looks like.  
Luckily I saw a notice in the local paper under Things To Do for the Barron County Communiversity Symphonic Band Spring Concert.  It was excellent.  All ages of musicians, joined together by a director who provided very successful leadership to the group.  
The concert was very enjoyable and I won't miss it next time.
The Fine Arts Building at the UW Barron County Campus has a nice theatre.
It was not a packed house, but a nice showing of an audience, each of us coughing up $5 for a seat.
What a bargain!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails