Saturday, January 26, 2013

UWEC Cabaret

On Saturday, I went to Eau Claire with Pete & Carol to the UWEC Davies Center to see a cabaret performance by the Performing Arts students.  

The show was about 2 hours long with over 100 students singing and performing plus the orchestra.  It was amazing.  The talent level was very excellent and the show quite entertaining.  This show is a practicum for the students and is planned and managed and executed by the students, with the ticket proceeds funding scholarships for these students.  

The room set up was classy with white table cloths and a dessert/sandwich bar and cash liquor bar.  Our seats were great and the ticket price only $20.  

I won't miss this next year and hope to take at least one of my great nieces to see the show, I already added it to my calendar.



As a bonus, Pete drove, so I was a passenger in the car instead of driver, which is a nice change of pace for me and gave me a chance to enjoy the scenery on what I think is a very nice drive down Hwy 53 into Eau Claire.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails