Sunday, July 10, 2011

A lot of sewing and a little photography

Mural on the wall of the Fire Station in Mason, WI
On Thursday I headed for Mason, WI to spend a couple of nights with my high school friend, Mary & her husband, Rick.  We had signed up to take a sewing class all day Friday in Cornucopia, WI.  
We spent Thursday afternoon in Bayfield, visiting Mary's Mom and shopping for fabric in a quilting store.
Thursday evening was happy hour and grilled supper at Rick & Mary's and it was delicious.
The chickens are quite friendly there, but to see Kelsy jump up on Mary's lap, now that was a surprise.
Kelsi, she lays green eggs, but not everyday
Friday we headed to Cornucopia and spent the day sewing a large tote for quilting supplies.  It was a busy day and the project was too complex to finish in one day, that was disappointing, but when/if I finish it, I think it may be quite useful.  It was fun to spend the day sewing with Mary & Sharon again.
Friday evening, Rick, Mary & I had Friday Fish Fry at a supper club in Iron River, WI.  Excellent fish, cold beer.
Back at home, we had a fire in the outside fireplace and enjoyed the evening visiting and listening to the birds.
I think chickens are fun to take photos of and this black chicken is a classic.
The dogs are so sweet.
Ripley is a very sweet dog and loves to lay near the grown ups when they are chatting.
Esty might be a little deaf but she still likes to scout around the yard.
I am looking forward to my next trip to Mason for a quilt class in August.

wwboottoobww

I left Mason on Saturday morning and headed to Grantsburg to Crex Meadows Wildlife Refuge for the monthly photo club meeting where the group reviews and critiques the photos submitted by the members.
These are my photos for this month.




I ran across this snake at Crex Meadows the day I was there to take my wild flower pictures for the meeting.

In the afternoon I attended a beginners DSLR Camera class that was excellent!
Practicing with shutter speed.
I learned several new tidbits and hopefully they will help me with my photos.

On the way home from Grantsburg, I took a county road from Siren to Shell Lake and saw much of the tree damage from the recent storm.
I also ran across this hen with her brood of chicks.
I think she had 7 or 8 chicks with her.  A busy Mom.
It was 3 days of lots of driving but fun.

As always it is nice to be 
Home Sweet Home

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails