Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Vacation Day

On Monday, I joined Mark and Krista & girls at Big Moon Lake for a vacation day. Of course, it was their vacation, not mine.
~
I'm enjoying this summer so much. I was looking back in my journal to what I was doing last summer, and mostly I was packing and getting the house ready to sell. That's not to say I didn't enjoy lazy mornings last summer too, but most days I spent at least some part of the day packing or worrying about the packing. I'm liking this summer much better!
~
So, yesterday I got to the lake in the afternoon. We all fished from the dock for quite awhile. There are lots of little perch and sunfish that hang around the dock area, everyone was catching something, but all too small to keep. We fed the little beggars a bunch of night crawlers.
~
While Mark and Krista took Jordyn & Payton out for a tube ride behind the speed boat, Breanna and I went out fishing in the paddle boat. It works great. We caught several little fish and Breanna pulled in a decent sized bass. After checking in with Glenn from my cell phone, we released it back into the lake as it was probably smaller than regulations allow. Next time I'll take a picture of the fish on the hook instead of in my fishing bucket.

After supper we took a pontoon boat ride. It was a nice still night, looked like a picture postcard out there. Jordyn & Payton got a little sassy with me about taking so many scenery pix, so I turned on the rapid fire on my camera and pointed it at them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails