Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprise Sunday Phone Call

Lois stayed overnight here in Rice Lake on Saturday night. We were not our usual selves though, we ate dinner @ Adventures and were home in our jammies watching TV & stitching by 8 O'clock. We had wanted to eat at Applebee's but it was Rice Lake Prom Night, so the restaurant was full of young couples. We ended up at Adventures next to a long table of high school girls in pretty dresses and boys who were all (mostly) decked out. It was interesting to see the colors and styles. (Translates to "We are old")


Sunday morning, we were having coffee and chatting when my cell phone rang. I had Lois answer since I had a call at the same time on the land line. It was my great niece Stella (she will be 3 in August). She had told her Mom, Heather, that she wanted to call her Aunt Wanda. It was a little confusing for Stella that her Grandma Lois answered the phone. But after she chatted with her grandma for a few minutes I got on the phone. Stella wanted to tell me that she wanted to come and visit me at my house. She chatted quite a bit before saying goodbye and "I love you".
This is a major turn around :-D, Stella has been slowly warming up to me since I moved here. Maybe last weekend made a difference as I spent a day with Lois and Stella & Ruby.


It rained nicely, off and on, most of today, but the birds have still been busy at the feeders. The gold finches are so brightly yellow now. What a treat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails